|About the information on this U.S. Government server
Use of Data and Products
- This operational server maintains a current database of meteorological and hydrological data, historical data, and written information generated by the NWS or received from other official sources. In addition, this server accesses in realtime a selection of current official weather observations, forecasts, and warnings from U.S. government sources for use by the national and international community. In an effort to enhance the science, experimental products may be accessible on this server and care must be taken when using such products as they are intended for research use.
- This server is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week . Timely delivery of data and products from this server through the Internet is not guaranteed. Official NWS dissemination systems which can provide timely delivery of data and products are listed below.
- The information on government servers are in the public domain, unless specifically annotated otherwise, and may be used freely by the public so long as you do not 1) claim it is your own (e.g. by claiming copyright for NWS information -- see below), 2) use it in
a manner that implies an endorsement or affiliation with NOAA/NWS, or 3) modify it in content and then present it as official government material. You also cannot present information of your own in a way that makes it appear to be official government information. Use of the NWS name ("National Weather Service") and/or visual identifier are
protected under trademark law. Neither the name nor visual identifier can be used in a manner that implies an endorsement or affiliation with NOAA/NWS. Use of the NWS name and/or visual identifier to identify unaltered NWS content or links to NWS web sites are allowable uses. All other uses require express written permission.
- Before using information obtained from this server special attention should be given to the date & time of the data and products being displayed.
- The user assumes the entire risk related to its use of this data. NWS is providing this data "as is," and NWS disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including (without limitation) any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will NWS be liable to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages or lost profit resulting from any use or misuse of this data.
- As required by 17 U.S.C. 403, third parties producing copyrighted works consisting predominantly of the material appearing in NWS Web pages must provide notice with such work(s) identifying the NWS material incorporated and stating that such material is not subject to copyright protection.
Any reference from NWS Web server service to any non-government entity, product, service or information does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration or any of its' field offices or employees. We are not responsible for the contents of any "off-site" web pages referenced from NWS servers.
GoogleTM Earth/GoogleTM Maps
Google Maps and Google Earth map information and photographic
imagery are used under license by Google. NOAA/National Weather
Service data presented using Google Maps/Google Earth are in the
public domain and is also made available in open standard KML/KMZ
format. The map information and photographic imagery contain trade
names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other
distinctive brand features. This does not imply an endorsement
of Google, Google Maps, or Google Earth products or services by
NOAA/National Weather Service. Under the terms of the license,
you are permitted to copy or use the Google Maps/Google Earth images
on your site so long as Google Maps/Google Earth trade names, trademarks,
service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand
features are not deleted or in any manner altered.
Commenting policy for NWS Social Networking sites/Blogs/forums
A number of social media/Web 2.0 tools and services used by NWS offices
allow the public to post or otherwise contribute to the site. While
we value your participation in these forums, whether hosted by
the government or by third party services, please keep
in mind that we expect conversations to follow the conventions
of polite discourse. Therefore, we won't
allow comments that:
are from anyone younger than 13 years of age;
- contain defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane,
threatening, racially and ethnically hateful, or otherwise offensive
or illegal information;
- contain advertisements, endorsements, or promotions, including spam and similar content;
- contain comments on matters unrelated to activities of the National Weather Service or its programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility;
- contain impersonations;
- contain viruses or similar harmful programs;
- contain proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner;
- recommend that members of the public contact a member of Congress
or of a state or local legislature; or
- contain comments regarding a candidate in a partisan political
campaign or regarding a political party;
Posts that violate any of the NWS comment policy will be removed
immediately. Failure to comply with NWS comment policy may result
in a possible bar to your participation, or a complaint to the
service provider that your account has violated Terms of Service